I woke up on a Saturday morning in a serious waffle mood. I had seen a recipe for 2 ingredient waffles on Cooking With Plant’s youtube channel a while back. I was also in a chocolate mood, so I figured I would customize Anja’s 2 ingredient waffle recipe to my chocolate cravings!
Honestly, I was pretty skeptical of how waffles without any eggs or dairy would turn out. I had attempted some oat pancakes before, and they really didn’t turn out that well. But, to my joy, these waffles turned out amazing!! They weren’t tough or dense, but very fluffy and soft! All I did was use Anja’s recipe as my base and jazzed up these waffles to make them rich, decedent, and intensely chocolate filled.
Anja’s easy recipe has only 2 ingredients (3 if you count water): oats, bananas and water. I switched out 1/2 of the water for almond milk and added organic cacoa powder to satisfy those chocolate cravings. I then topped my waffles with chocolate almond butter, banana slices, and melted chocolate.
The result? Beautiful, fluffy waffles topped with sweet and creamy chocolate flavors. My Coconut Cream Whipped Cream would pair beautifully with these for an extra creamy breakfast treat.
While I definitely wouldn’t eat these every morning, these waffles seriously hit the spot when you are needing a Saturday morning treat. (or just a midnight snack 😉 )
What is your favorite Saturday morning treat to make when you have some extra time?
- Waffle Batter
- 3 cups oats (old fashion or quick both work)
- 21/2 cups dairy free milk (or water)
- 1 ripe banana
- Chocolate almond butter
- Banana slices
- Melted dairy-free chocolate
- Preheat waffle iron to medium-high heat
- Blend oats, dairy free milk (or water), and banana in blender until batter is smooth
- Spread the batter on the greased waffle iron and cook for 4-5 minutes until the waffle is crisp
- Top with almond butter, bananas, and chocolate.